Heavy Equipment Operator
Heavy Equipment Operator Overview
- This is a senior equipment operator position requiring a high level of skill
- Operate heavy equipment on project sites such as front-end loaders, motor graders, and rollers
- Work includes road construction, excavation, truck loading, stockpiling, and spreading materials.
- Tasks will be outdoors in all weather condition
- All work will be local to the Lubbock area
Heavy Equipment Operator Duties
- Operate heavy equipment to on road construction job sites
- Control machine speed, direction, bucket height, bucket angle, and use GPS automatics
- Perform daily preventative maintenance such as inspection and fluid check and notify management of any equipment or safety issues
- Read and understand civil plan drawings
- Work sub-grade and base to achieve proper processing
- Finish-grading for correct grade (blue-top and GPS)
- Coordinate daily project tasks between work crew members
Heavy Equipment Operator Required Skills and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is required
- Must have experience in heavy equipment operation and basic mechanical skills
- Experience in all aspects of asphalt paving including site preparation, grades, drainage, paving patterns, job specifications, and compactions is preferred
- Conscientious and safety-oriented attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communicating and listening
West Texas Paving, Inc. operates as a heavy civil contractor and construction materials producer for public and private sector clients in Lubbock and the surrounding area. The company was founded in 1983.
West Texas Paving engages in the construction and improvement of streets, parking lots, highways, airport facilities, and other infrastructure-related projects as well as site preparation and infrastructure services for industrial and commercial developments.
The company also produces aggregates and hot mix asphalt for use as construction materials. The materials division engages in the production of resources for both company projects and resale to public and private sector customers.
Job Type: Full-time