heavy Truck Driver
Heavy Truck Driver Overview
- Haul oversized and heavy equipment to and from project sites
- All hauls will be local to the Lubbock area
Heavy Truck Driver Duties
- Drive and secure large, heavy equipment on top of a flatbed trailer
- Record odometer reading of equipment
- Inspect machinery routinely for maintenance and repairs and notify management of any equipment or safety issues
- Operate truck safely and in compliance with all DOT regulations
Heavy Truck Driver Required Skills and Qualifications
- A high school diploma is required
- Must have at least 3 years of tractor trailer experience and basic mechanical skills
- A valid CDL (commercial driver’s license) is required
- Conscientious and safety-oriented attitude
- Must be physically capable to perform physical labor and lift 50 lbs
- Excellent interpersonal skills including communicating and listening
West Texas Paving, Inc. operates as a heavy civil contractor and construction materials producer for public and private sector clients in Lubbock and the surrounding area. The company was founded in 1983.
West Texas Paving engages in the construction and improvement of streets, parking lots, highways, airport facilities, and other infrastructure-related projects as well as site preparation and infrastructure services for industrial and commercial developments.
The company also produces aggregates and hot mix asphalt for use as construction materials. The materials division engages in the production of resources for both company projects and resale to public and private sector customers.
Job Type: Full-time