MATERIALS ENGINEER Overview
- Provide testing services and analysis in the areas of pavement design, quality control testing, and a variety of activities relating to asphaltic hot mix and aggregate
- Work will be within a field laboratory at the Lubbock, Texas Asphalt Plant facility
- Safe handling of hot and caustic materials is required
- 40 to 50 hours per week
- Ability to lift 50 lbs at a time
MATERIALS ENGINEER Duties
- Use testing instruments to determine pavement compositions and perform analysis during both design and construction
- Performing material testing under TxDOT quality control guidelines
- Review plans to ensure compliance with engineers’ specifications
- Participate in planning process to determine material production scheduling
- Provide technical guidance to coworkers, management, and clients
MATERIALS ENGINEER Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Civil Engineering
- Understanding of civil plans, specifications, and technical reports
- Previous experience in HMAC testing procedures
- Knowledge of TxDOT standard specifications
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work activities
- Communicate effectively with coworkers, engineers, and government agencies
- Establish good working relationships with inspectors, engineers, and contractor
West Texas Paving, Inc. operates as a heavy civil contractor and construction materials producer for public and private sector clients in Lubbock and the surrounding area. The company was founded in 1983.
West Texas Paving engages in the construction and improvement of streets, parking lots, highways, airport facilities, and other infrastructure-related projects as well as site preparation and infrastructure services for industrial and commercial developments.
The company also produces aggregates and hot mix asphalt for use as construction materials. The materials division engages in the production of resources for both company projects and resale to public and private sector customers.
Job Type: Full-time