Project Engineer Overview
- 50 hr work week
- This position involves project document administration, scheduling, job costing, surveying, and quality control
- Provide support and operational assistance to the Project Manager in all aspects of project management
- Tasks will consist of mostly outdoor work in all weather conditions and some physical labor is required
Project Engineer Duties
- Read and understand civil specifications and plan drawings
- Prepare subcontracts, submittals, and estimates for review
- Schedule project and resource allocations
- Calculate weekly job costing reports
- Use field instruments and CAD software to conduct field surveys and layout
- Estimate and verify quantities completed from field surveys
- Coordinate daily project communications between project members
Must be physically capable to perform manual labor
Project Engineer Required Skills and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or a related field is required
- Must have working knowledge of civil construction methods
- Must have working knowledge of CAD software (Civil 3D, Topcon 3D Office, or related)
- Previous experience in civil construction projects is preferred
- Must be physically capable to perform some physical labor
West Texas Paving, Inc. operates as a heavy civil contractor and construction materials producer for public and private sector clients in Lubbock and the surrounding area. The company was founded in 1983.
West Texas Paving engages in the construction and improvement of streets, parking lots, highways, airport facilities, and other infrastructure-related projects as well as site preparation and infrastructure services for industrial and commercial developments.
The company also produces aggregates and hot mix asphalt for use as construction materials. The materials division engages in the production of resources for both company projects and resale to public and private sector customers.
Job Type: Full-time